Tuesday, October 15, 2013





I have never been even a little bit rich.  However, I had a very good education, and I helped people for quite a long time.  Education is one of the best ways to get out of real poverty.   But I suspect that in many places in the world, there is no free education.

Do you remember the school  in Africa that Oprah created?  There is a reason for that, and a purpose. Africa is still struggling for food, medicine and education.  Often there is no way to get anywhere except by walking.  I walked to school when I was young, but my school wasn't but three streets away.  There was one period of my young life that I couldn't walk to school.  But we had a free bus ride.

How do the impoverished countries of the world become part of a real Global Community?  Only if we make sure that education, good food, and necessary medicine.  It is up to those of us who can contribute, even in small ways.

No comments: