Thursday, January 27, 2011

Dragonflies

This morning I had a deep insight.  I remembered an dear friend who was also my astrologer.  She was highly intuitive, and made some predictions that came true long afterward.  One of the things she told me was that a particular time I would experience what my life work would be. 

At the time she had indicated, I had some unusual experiences.  First, I wanted to connect with friend who lived in a trailer in the midst of dense woods.  I could have driven my car around the woods and taken a path to his home.  But I didn't.  Instead I set off in a straight line through the woods.  Of course, it was difficult and full of brambles.  Finally, I gave up and went back to the road.  Just as I got there, my friend drove up to where I was standing. 

I got into the car and we set off to a small, nearby lake.  At the lake, we sat down on a wooden pier and talked.  There were lots of dragonflies, not an unusual for a hot summer day at the lake.  What was unusual was that a pair of dragonflies landed on my knee.  They stayed there for about 15 minutes as we talked.

Eventually we got up and my friend took me to my car.  Our friendship continued through the years.  As long distance friendships go, we sometimes saw each other more frequently, and sometimes less.  I always
remembered that magical day.

Many years later I began a business.  As I was making decisions, I thought about what I should call my business.  I tried on a number of names, but none really fit.  Finally I happened on Dragonfly.  Since my business was largely about healing, magic, and flower essences, I settled on Dragonfly Essence.

Only today, after nine years in business, did I remember that day at the lake with my friend.  He died some years ago, and so did my astrologer friend.  I honor them both.  Both had profound and wonderful impacts on my life and work. 

No comments: